No matter how passionate you’re about trying new recipes or getting the flavor in meals by traditional methods, an Air fryer can be your best company when you’re starving and not in the mood to face the stove.
However, air fryers are not immune to issues. Like any other gadget, air fryers get mood swings and test the users’ patience. Among many other problems, the most common one would be the air fryer not turning on.
This article will briefly argue the Power XL air fryer and its problems. If you own a Power XL air fryer and are experiencing the frustrating issue of it not turning on, it’s time to get a magic wand and fix it.
In your case, our comprehensive guide will walk you through the possible reasons for it not turning on and provide you with potential step-by-step fixes to make it run. Let’s get it fixed.
Possible Reasons for Power XL Air Fryer Not Turning On
1. Faulty Power Source
A defective power connection is one of the most common causes of a nonworking air fryer. Follow these steps to establish a secure electrical connection:
- Check the power cable quality and ensure it is perfectly plugged into the outlet.
- The power cable shouldn’t be damaged or exposed. Check for any wire exposure or burns.
- Also, check the outlet with other electrical gadgets and ensure a smooth power supply.
- When connecting the air fryer to the outlet, ensure the power switch is on.
- Turn on your air fryer’s power button and ensure it doesn’t lose or be faulty.
2. Overheating Safety
Like other best-quality air fryers, Power XL is also equipped with some safety features that automatically turn off the machine when it reaches a certain high temperature. It prevents any possible danger caused by overheating.
If you smell this issue, here’s how you can fix it.
- Let the air fryer cool down for a while. It is better not to use it for max 30 minutes.
- Make sure the ventilation is proper around the appliance.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer to maintain airflow.
3. Blown Fuse
Due to overheating, the chances of blowing the thermal fuse rise, ultimately compromising the air fryer’s functionality. You can only resolve the problem by replacing the fuse.
4. Faulty Control Panel
Another potential reason why your Power XL air fryer suddenly stops working could be a defective control pane. Follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem.
- Check if the buttons on the air fryer are responsive.
- Make sure the control panel is clean and free from any debris that could be stuck.
- Check if any button is stuck. If you find any faulty button, gently press and release it to make it functional.
- Unplug the air fryer and plug it back after a few minutes. It should reset the air fryer and resolve any minor panel problems.
5. The Basket Not Placed Correctly
The most common and usually avoidable cause of the air fryer stopping working could be the basket, tray, and any other component that needs to be put inside the machine.
The air fryer basket is a tool that holds the food when cooking in an air fryer, so its placement plays a vital role in its functionality. Sometimes after cleaning, we fail to put the basket in its place, which hinders the door from closing, leading to the air fryer not turning on.
Always double-check the air fry basket, tray, or rack placements and ensure they are at their place for seamless cooking.
Easy Fixes for Power XL Air Fryer Not Turning On
When the possible reasons mentioned above continue to bother you, the cooking can be frustrating, and you won’t enjoy spending time in the kitchen. So, it is better to fix it rather than living with it.
Here is some quick fixing you can do to streamline your cooking process and make the air fryer get back on its feet.
Resetting the Power XL Air Fryer
Many minor technical issues with the air fryers can be resolved by resetting the machine. Here’s how you can perform the reset.
- Unplug the air fryer from the power connection.
- Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Plug in the air fryer again and turn it on.
The reset is done, and it should clear any technical glitches. Now, the air fryer should easily power on and run like it’s unpacked just now.
Investigating the Power Sources
As discussed, a faulty or damaged power cable can become a barrier to its functionality, so check it before going any further. If necessary, replace the power cord to eliminate this possibility.
Here’s how you can investigate this problem.
- If the power cable is damaged or exposed to cuts, don’t rely on it any further and replace it.
- If the power cable is not fitting properly and leaving with a loose connection, replace it with the compatible one.
- Contact the Power XL customer support or refer to its instructions manual to obtain information about the right power cable.
Power XL Air Fryer Fuse Replacement
If the air fryer fuse blows due to overheating, there’s no chance you can make it functional again without replacing the fuse with a new one.
Remember, the fuse acts as a safety mechanism to protect the machine from electrical damage. So, it is safe to replace the fuse instead of putting your air fryer to risk. Here’s how you can make a replacement at home.
- Power XL Air Fryer Fuse Location: The Power XL Air Fryer fuse is typically located on the control board or near the power supply connection. Refer to the manual that arrived with your model for the precise location.
- Replacement: Once you locate the fuse, check it for its damage. Black discolouration or broken filament indicates its damage. Gently remove the fuse from its socket using the fuse puller or other tool. Insert its replacement carefully and make it secure.
- Reassemble: Reattach the air fryer’s cover once you attach a new fuse. Ensure it is securely fastened to maintain the gadget’s safety.
Refer to the instructions manual for the detaching or reattaching of the air fryer’s cover. Plus, ensure the new replacement fuse has the same rating and specifications as the original one, which can be found in the instructions manual.
Contact the Customer Support
If none of the prior tips work, you should contact PowerXL’s customer support. They have a team of experts who can provide additional assistance and methods for troubleshooting. Here’s how you can reach them.
- Visit Power XL’s official website.
- Navigate to their customer support section.
- Check the contact information; that should include their phone number.
- Contact them and briefly explain your problems.
Power XL Air Fryers Buttons Not Working
Another common problem is that the Power XL air fryer buttons stop working for any reason, leading to compromised functionality.
Besides the frustration of setting the temperature or timer while cooking your favorite meals, it could be the reason for a major underlying problem.
When the buttons face a glitch or are stuck, the air fryer stops working until you get them fixed. So, let’s learn what to do when the air fryer buttons are not working or are unresponsive.
Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot the problem.
1. Check for Possible Obstructions
Accumulation of grime, grease, or food particles on the control panel might impair its performance. Clean the control panel with a wet cloth and remove any dirt that may be blocking the buttons.
2. Reset the Panel
Resetting the control panel can sometimes resolve minor glitches, like unresponsive buttons. Here’s how you can reset it.
- Turn off the air fryer.
- Let it cool if you’ve been cooking something.
- Clean the panel with a damp cloth.
- After a few minutes, plug in the air fryer and turn it on.
- Check the buttons. Your problem should be fixed now.
3. Use Remote
Some air fryers have a compatible remote control that manages its functionality and lets you operate it without accessing the control panel. You can use it until the problem is fixed.
4. Contact Customer Support
If you fail to investigate the root cause of unresponsive buttons, don’t stress yourself and contact Power XL customer support.
Explain your problem to their team, and they will guide you on what actions to take.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I do if my power XL air fryer won’t turn on?
If your Power XL air fryer won’t turn on, check for possible problems and fix them right away. Here’s what you can do:
· Check for the faulty power cord. Replace it if you find any wire exposures or cuts.
· Ensure the power socket is functioning properly.
· Clean the control panel.
· Reset the air fryer by unplugging it for a few minutes.
Why did my air fryer suddenly stop working?
There could be many reasons why your air fryer suddenly stops working. Reset it by unplugging it for a few minutes. It should resolve any minor technical glitches. And if the power cord is not a problem and the buttons on the control panel are not stuck, Contact customer support.
What is the warranty on the Power XL air fryer?
The warranty on your Power XL air fryers varies with the model. Typically, the power XL air fryers have a limited warranty of 1 to 3 years at max. Check for the manual or visit the official website for more information on your chosen model.
We hope this comprehensive guide will help you identify the root cause behind why your Power XL air fryer won’t turn on and how to fix the issues. By following the easy methods discussed in the article, you should be able to identify and resolve the problem in one go easily.
However, remember to take safety measures, and in case of not figuring it out, don’t hesitate to reach the manufacturer or seek professional help.
Isla Zoey is the Owner and Author of Air Fryer Mag, She love to use, test and write about the Air fryers.